Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
Community & Rural Development
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service develops programs based on science-based, objective information to help Oklahomans solve problems, promote leadership, and manage resources wisely. Below are websites and documents that provide information about Community and Rural Development.
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service offers fact sheets to provide research based information on a variety of topics. Specific topics in the community and rural development section include: commerce and industry, economics, finance, community, taxes and small business management. Click on the links below to view fact sheets relating to these topics.
- Community Economic Development - Community Economic Development offers workshops to help communities attract new industry, expand existing industry, attract new businesses, retirees, or increase recreational opportunities.
- Local Government Training & Education Program - The purpose of the County Training Program is to help county government officers and their employees execute their duties more effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- Oklahoma AgrAbility Project - AgrAbility helps meet needs of Oklahomans involved in agriculture.
- Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance - The Oklahoma Manufacturing Alliance is the go-to source for assessing manufacturing needs and finding solutions available through public and private resources.
- Oklahoma Rural Health Works - Oklahoma Rural Health Works provides information and support to rural healthcare system to help insure their survival.
- Community Services and Infrastructure - Community Services and Infrastructure provide education and technical assistance to community leaders to assist them in making informed decisions about the development of their communities.
- Rural Development - The expansion of the economic base in rural communities is the goal of the Rural Development program, along with providing quality community services at affordable costs.
- Solid Waste Management - The Solid Waste Management program provides communities with technical assistance, educational materials and programs, analysis and help in implementing waste management plans.