Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
Gardening, Insects & Pest Management
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service creates Fact Sheets to provide research based information on a variety of topics. Specific topics in the gardening, insects & pest management section include: lawn & garden care, insects & diseases, pesticides and plant diseases. Click on the links below to view Fact Sheets relating to these topics.
Lawn, Yard & Garden
- Information for Fruit, Vegetable and Turf Growers and Commercial Producers - A collection of information regarding commercial horticulture and fruit, vegetable and turf production.
- Lawn & Garden Resources
- Master Gardener Program - The Master Gardener Program is a volunteer training program designed to help county extension centers meet the demands for consumer horticulture information.
- Oklahoma Invasive Species - The Oklahoma Invasive Species Web site lists non-native species affecting Oklahoma and gives information about how to control them.
- OK Plant ID - OK Plant ID is a database that helps users to identify common Oklahoma plants.
- OK Plant Trees - OK Plant Trees provides resources for community forestry in the state of Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma Gardening TV Show - For the last 33 years Oklahoma Gardening has endeavored to provide the best research-based gardening and horticulture information available on television.
- Oklahoma Turf Grass Extension Program
- OSU Botanical Garden
- Teach Plants - Teach Plants helps students and educators with the identification of different plant types at different stages of growth.
- Superior Plants Recommended for Oklahoma
- Weed Science Extension Program
- Africanized Honey Bees - Information on the incidence of Africanized Honey Bees in Oklahoma.
- Mosquitoes & West Nile Virus - Information on the incidence of Mosqitoes and West Nile Virus in Oklahoma
- Red Imported Fire Ants - Information on the incidence of Red Fire Ants in Oklahoma
- Integrated Pest Management - The Oklahoma Integrated Pest Management (IPM) program is a diverse, highly interdisciplinary program designed to be a first-line resource for IPM information to the rural and urban communities of Oklahoma.
- Pesticide Safety Education Program
- Pinkston Education Facility for Structural and Urban Pest Control - The Pinkston Education Facility seeks to present both standard and unique construction methods and materials typically encountered during the application of a termite control program.
- Plant Disease & Insects Diagnostic Laboratory - The Plant Disease & Insects Diagnostic Laboratory provides residents in the state of Oklahoma with both accurate diagnoses of plant diseases and insect pests and recommendations for their control.