Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service creates Fact Sheets to provide research based information on a variety of topics. Specific topics in the livestock section include: animal parasites, aquaculture, beef cattle, dairy cattle, general animal science, horses, poultry, range management, sheep, swine, veterinary medicine and wildlife. Click on the link below to view Fact Sheets relating to livestock.
Extension Fact Sheets
- Beef Extension - The Oklahoma Beef Extension site provides Research based Answers and Tools for beef cattle management.
- Beef Industry Conference - The OSU Beef Industry Conference is a select educational program oriented toward larger cattle operators and beef industry leaders in Oklahoma.
- Breeds of Livestock - The breeds of livestock site is intended as an educational and informational resource on breeds of livestock throughout the world.
- Cow/Calf Boot Camp - This intensive workshop offers new and experienced cattle producers tips to improve their herd management skills and increase their bottom line.
- Cowculator - OSU Cowculator is an excel program designed to assist cattlemen in making informed decisions associated with beef cow nutrition.
- E-Equine Horse Management Program - E-Equine offers answers to frequently asked questions regarding equine management and use.
- Fed Cattle Market Simulator - The Packer-Feeder Game provides cattlemen an opportunity to sharpen their fed cattle marketing and purchasing skills in a fun, game-like environment.
- Manure & Animal Waste Management Program - The Manure & Animal Waster Mangement Program offers information on animal waste handling and how to utilize manure for the greatest gains.
- Master Cattlemen - The Master Cattlemen program seeks to enhance the profitability of beef operations and the quality of life of beef cattle producers by equipping them with vital information on all aspects of beef production.
- Master Cattlemen Newsletter - This quarterly newsletter offers beef producers and those participating in the Master Cattlemen program tips and current information on beef production.
- Oklahoma Beef Incorporated Bull Test Station - OBI feeds and tests approximately 700 bull annually and merchandises 300 of them through two All-Breed Performance Tested bull sales each year.
- Oklahoma Beef Quality Assurance Program - Oklahoma Beef Quality Assurance (OBQA) is part of a national program that provides guidelines for beef cattle production.
- Oklahoma Goats - This site provides useful information for meat goat producers.
- Oklahoma Litter Market - The Oklahoma Littler Market is promoting a better understanding of the movement and application of poultry litter in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Livestock Markets - This page provides access to information from Derrell Peel and provides easy access to Oklahoma and national livestock market information from USDA and other sources.
- Oklahoma Poultry Waste Management - This website is designed to provide information to persons who are required to obtain initial and annually updated Poultry Waste Management Training.
- Oklahoma Rangelands - Oklahoma Rangelands is collaborative effort among Western Land Grant Universities to create an electronic network that will provide seamless access to distributed sources of rangeland information.
- Poultry Resources - The Poultry Page provides information on breeds of poultry, production and management practices and frequently asked questions.
- Pricing and Price Discovery Issues - Information to help livestock buyers and sellers arrive at a transaction price for a given quality and quantity of a product.
- Production-Marketing Interrelationships - extension and research information that spans the boundary between livestock production and marketing.
- Structural Changes in Meat Packing - A look at trends and changes in the meat packing industry and related animal industries.
- Wheat & Wheat-Stock Production Planner - The wheat and wheat-stocker production planner enables a user to describe farm-specific situations and to compare the economic consequences of alternative uses of land seeded to wheat.