Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
Natural Resources, Environment & Ecology
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service creates Fact Sheets to provide research based information on a variety of topics. Specific topics in the natural resources, environment and ecology section include: forestry, range management, waste management, energy management, water and wildlife. Click on the link below to view Fact Sheets relating to these topics.
- Environmental Quality & Waste Management - The Environmental Quality & Waste Management site is devoted to sharing recent developments addressing environmental quality and waste management issues in Oklahoma.
- Fire Ecology - This site is set up to provide users with information on fire effects, patch burning and the ecology of fire.
- Manure & Animal Waste Management Program - The Manure & Animal Waste Management Program offers information on animal waste handling and how to utilize manure for the greatest gains.
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Publications - A collection of extension publications covering topics related to natural resource ecology and management.
- Natural Resource Ecology & Management Tours & Field Days - Information on the wide variety of OSU NREM Extension field tours and demonstrations throughout the year.
- Oklahoma Prescribed Fire Council - The Oklahoma Prescribed Fire Council seeks to promote the implementation of prescribed fire in Oklahoma as a natural resource management tool.
- Oklahoma Litter Market - The Oklahoma Littler Market is promoting a better understanding of the movement and application of poultry litter in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Poultry Waste Management - This website is designed to provide information to persons who are required to obtain initial and annually updated Poultry Waste Management Training.
- Oklahoma Water Resources Center - The Center will foster, facilitate, and conduct programs to sustain and enhance water resources for agriculture’s beneficial use in Oklahoma, the nation, and the world.
- OK-FIRE - OK-FIRE provides weather-based decision support products for wildland fire management in Oklahoma.
- OK Plant ID - Database that helps users to identify common Oklahoma plants
- OK Plant Trees - OK Plant Trees provides resources for community forestry in the state of Oklahoma.
- Simple Irrigation Plan - Timely information on irrigation systems, moisture amounts and precipitation statewide.
- Solid Waste Management - The Solid Waste Management program provides communities with technical assistance, educational materials and programs, analysis and help in implementing waste management plans.
- The Stewardship Forest Certification Program - The Oklahoma Stewardship Forest Program is designed to help Oklahomans manage their forestland for multiple natural resources.
- The Master Naturalist Program - Are you interested in learning more about Oklahoma ecosystems and experiencing some of the finest natural areas in the state? Oklahoma Master Naturalists do just that.
- Water Quality Program - Information and resources on a variety of water quality programs and issues.
- Youth 4-H Forestry Judging Contest - The 4-H Forestry site provides information on forestry workshops, contests and judging.
- Youth Range Judging Contest Resources - The Youth Range Judging Contest site provides information to help students and coaches prepare for range judging competitions.