Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service
4-H & Youth
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service develops programs based on science-based, objective information to help Oklahomans solve problems, promote leadership, and manage resources wisely. Below are websites and documents that provide information about 4-H and Youth Education programs.
The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service creates fact sheets to provide research based information on a variety of topics. Click on the link below to view fact sheets relating to 4-H and youth development.
- Oklahoma 4-H - The 4-H program's mission is to empower youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
- 4-H Horticulture - The 4-H Horticulture site provides information on horticulture projects, contests and judging.
- Ag in the Classroom - Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom helps familiarize Oklahoma school children with Oklahoma's food and fiber industry by providing resources for teachers.
- Children's Garden Service Learning Project - The purpose of this project was to create a template through which elementary educators could work with their communities to develop a children's garden.
- Farm to You - Farm to You is a traveling interactive adventure for elementary school children that follows food from the farm to the market and through the body to explore the relationships between agriculture, food and health.
- FFA Horticulture Career Development Events - The FFA Horticulture site provides information on horticulture contests, resources and judging.
- Junior Master Gardeners - This site provides information on local and national junior master gardener programs as well as educational information relating to gardening.
- Oklahoma Youth Forestry & Wildlife Camp - Youth Forestry and Wildlife Camp provides students, ages 13-15, the opportunity to experience the forestry and wildlife professions and learn about Oklahoma's natural resources.
- Oklahoma Youth Livestock Extension - The Department of Animal Science Extension Youth website is committed to bringing agricultural information to the youth of Oklahoma.